Friday, December 17, 2010

The Strangest dream last night moves towards a reality today!

I am no longer just hoping for participation because participation is happening.

We are no longer hoping to start the process of making the Documentary: Living After Rape.
WE ARE MAKING the Documentary: Living After Rape.

There isn’t a day that goes by, nor, in all honesty, a half-day, an hour, and unfortunately not
even just one minute that the incidents of violence in our world stops. I am acutely aware of
this with every breath I take. I am also acutely aware of how precious it is that I get to take
these breaths.

This awareness of possibility in each second that is lived is one of the possible by-products of
trauma. I’d never have wished my story on myself and I certainly wouldn’t wish it on anyone
else. However, given that the rapes have already happened, learning to harvest the skills that
evolve out of the adaptations is essential. And one of these has to do with knowing all the
way down to my toes that life can change in a fraction of a second. That the very lens through
which one perceives can shatter and, while re-constructible, it will never be -- that it was un-
shattered – ever again. Living with this knowledge is excruciating. Living with this knowledge
is exquisite. Because with this comes a passion to have each and every moment.

In my continued effort to actualize this film, and with the awe and respect I owe to everyone
who has responded, I have been busy creating a digital foundation:
Contact us Through E-mail
Visit Our Facebook Page

As I work my way through responding individually to each person who has contacted me and setting up times to meet and/or meet by ‘skype’, the best way to help assure the making of this documentary is for anyone who feels comfortable to send the information through your own digital tree of contacts. We need people to ‘follow’ this blog. We need people to ‘like’ the FB page.

No comments:

Post a Comment